Pontresina is very much family-focused and families feel particularly at home here. Indeed, the Swiss Tourism Organization has awarded the municipality with the label "Family Destination". This label is only awarded to holiday resorts that align their offers to the needs and wishes of children and their parents. In short, everything for a successful family holiday – from A to Z.
Family holidays in Pontresina, the Engadine
Diverse family programme
The adventure begins right on your doorstep: countless playgrounds, firepits and lakes guarantee that. The family programme culminates in the heart of a fantastic mountain world: a family adventure on Pontresina’s high ropes course or a trip to the Diavolezza overlooking the eternal ice. Quality time for the entire family.
Ideas and Hotels for Families
- Visit the Alpine dairy
- High ropes course
- Ricola Herb Garden
- Village tour
- Guided rides, riding camp or pony riding with Gina Wohlwend
- Horse carriage rides
- Family ski resort Languard including sledge run and ski school
- Glacier trail Morteratsch with the children's book "Sabi"
- Natural ice rink Roseg
- Snowshoe hikes
- Cross-country skiing courses
- Bellavita Pool (Wednesday is children’s afternoon)
- Creative Box
- Guest kindergarten & crafting at Hotel Saratz
- Museum Alpin
- Cinema Rex